Creating the Perfect Wishlist for Your New Home
If you have been planning to buy or sell a home, but it has been delayed for whatever reason, use your extra time wisely to create a wishlist for your next home. We all have those generic things in the back of our minds that we would like to be different next time, such as extra cabinets, more windows, or bigger closets. However, now is the time for you to hone in on those specifics, and create a list so your Maricopa real estate agent knows what to highlight when searching for your next potential home. Most Maricopa realtors suggest dividing your list into two separate columns – decide which items are needs, which are deal-breakers, and which are simple preferences. Here we have a list of questions to help you pinpoint what exactly you do and don’t like about your current home, and the aspects that would make the next home even better.
The Overall Feel
– How would you rate your current home on a scale of 1-10?
– What is your favorite thing about your home?
– What is your least favorite thing?
– Do you like the style of your home, and if not, what would make it better?
– Do you have a favorite room in the house? Why?
– Is there a room you wish you had? (i.e. office, laundry room, mud room, etc.)
The Overall Space
– Do you have enough space in your current home?
– Is there too much space?
– Is your current layout open or compartmentalized? Does it work for your needs?
– Is the number of bedrooms and bathrooms suitable?
– Do you need like the number of stories in your home?
– Do you like where the rooms are placed within the various levels of your home?
– Do you like the fixtures and hardware?
– What is your opinion about the number of windows and natural light?
The Overall Experience
– What do you like and dislike about your current outdoor space (if applicable)?
– If you do not have a yard, do you want one?
– Do you enjoy yardwork and maintenance? Or is a stressful task?
– What would you like to improve about the overall visual appeal of your home?
– Do you have enough parking space to suit your lifestyle? Is a garage a must-have for you?
– How much time commitment does your current exterior require (landscape, staining, painting, etc.)?
The Overall Neighborhood
– Do you like the area where you live? What would you improve if you could?
– What are your favorite and least favorite characteristics of your neighborhood (nearby parks, sidewalks, quiet streets, kid safety, proximity of neighbors, street light placement, etc.)?
– Are you happy with your current commute for work or basic necessities (groceries, doctor, etc.)?
– Is your neighborhood noisy and active? Quiet? Do you like it?
– Do you feel comfortable raising your kids or pets in your current neighborhood?
Taking the time to think through these questions and writing down your answers will be a tremendous help to your Maricopa real estate broker as they search for potential new homes for you. The single biggest question that realtors often ask is,
“If money were no object, what is the one feature your new home would have?”
The answer to this question will determine your top priority and need for your new home, and will help your realtor narrow down the available options. Even the most experienced and reputable Maricopa real estate brokerage can greatly benefit in their home search when you provide these parameters to them. And for you personally, thinking through all these aspects will be of great assistance as you create your wishlist for your new home. You will realize what you truly need in your new home to suit your lifestyle, and which aspects are merely extra features that are not necessities for you.
As you create your wishlist and consider beginning the buying or selling process, contact The Maricopa Real Estate Company. Our team of experienced, committed realtors will provide the highest level of service and professionalism to you, and promise to keep you fully informed throughout the entire course of buying a new home. As you share with us your wishlist of top priorities and must-haves for your new home, we are committed to providing the highest quality experience for you while we search for potential new homes that check off all your boxes. Give The Maricopa Real Estate Company a call today and setup an appointment with one of our agents!
The Maricopa Real Estate Company
21300 N John Wayne Pkwy Suite 101
Maricopa, AZ 85139
Email: [email protected]